Time for Wardrobe Wednesday. This week's inspiration : horizontal stripes and color blocking.
I am wearing..
Horizontal Stripes Tunic - Max
Red Jacket - Thrifted from the streets of Malleswaram.(as seen in The Girl In the Red Coat)
Yellow Bag - Gift
Studded yellow sky high heels : yebhi.com (as seen in Wintery Blues and Yellow Shoes)
Watch - Fastrack
Cat eye Sunglasses - Vision Express (as seen in Bling Cat)
Jeggings - Nobrand.
Accessories : Lifestyle (owl chain)
How to style Horizontal Stripes : (few style tips to help you get rid of the myths)
1. If you are petite, medium or larger stripes will dwarf you. Try wearing narrow stripes.
2. If you are medium scale, choose medium stripes.
3. Very tall and naturally slim, choose larger scale stripes.
4. Larger scale but curvy, choose medium stripe rather than a large one.
5. The wider the horizontal, the more your eye will slow down and focus on it and give a broadening effect.
6. The narrower the stripe, the harder it is for our eye to focus on one line, so narrow horizontals actually starts working like verticals, moving the eye up and down, rather than side to side.
7. The longer horizontal stripes (like I am wearing) acts similar to a vertical stripes and gives a elongated look without adding width.
8. While color blocking stripes stick to primary colors. (I chose red and yellow).
9. You can add 5th color but ensure you don't go overboard with colors. I have added blue earrings (again primary color. Ensure the 5th color is usually in the form of accesories).
Hope these style tips help you style horizontal stripes better and helps u let go of the myth "HORIZONTAL STRIPES MAKES YOU LOOK FAT"
Dont forget to take part in 300$ ADOLFO SANCHEZ,PINSPIRE INDIA AND STILETTOS DIARY GIVEAWAY.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO PARTICIPATE NOW!!
P.S. THANKS FOR HELPING ME CROSS 50,000 HITS MILESTONE :) THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT :)
Loads of love,